Contributing authors, are all well-known, thought provoking marketing
They are experienced marketing researchers from leading client-side companies, experienced consumer insights managers,
executive from blue chip research and consulting companies and thought-leading marketing and marketing research academicians--from
around the world.
They are fellow travelers, who perceive they
are living in a world where:
- There are stark differences
between what marketing research professionals do as distinguished from how marketing research is taught.
- The marketing research industry is a bit tense and bewildered, caught between
the need to adhere to tradional, well-established research practices and the need to adopt newer and more productive contemporary
- There are challenges to data quality owing to
new data gathering methods and changing respondent mind-sets.
very roles of marketing research and the marketing researcher are being redefined.
They have joined us by writing a chapter in LEADING EDGE MARKETING RESEARCH:
21st century Tools and Practices.
Each chapter presents a rich, innovative discussion in an emerging area of marketing
research. The article are broad enough to fully cover the topic and the methods employed such that a sophisticated reader
should be able to fully understand the underlying theory and research process and even replicate it, should they be willing
to make the effort.
Each chapter contains
the following elements:
- Where applicable, a brief historical review
of traditional approaches that have led the research community to the need/opportunity for a new approach, which will be described
in the rest of the chapter.
comprehensive review of a single topic reflecting the newest work in the field, and, where applicable, how it may be combined
productively with earlier approaches.
- A detailed enough explanation
of methodologies so that a sophisticated reader could actually try to use the new approach described.
- Real world examples of how the approach is being used, works, and provides something
no other tool does, or provides something quicker, more accurately or in a less expensive manner.
- Ethical issues, if any, associated with the use of the latest methodologies.
- Illustrations to enhance the exposition,
such as graphs, tables, etc.
- Footnotes as well as recommendations for further reading